Tuesday, August 25, 2009

My new favourite restaurant: East is East

Good morning!

I met up with some family last night for a great dinner at an Indian restaurant called East is East. I am usually pretty weary of Indian food due to the naan bread that is used with almost every dish but this place was just fantastic. The food is prepared using natural ingredients and taste so yummy and wholesome. The best part is when you order the eastern platter, you get to pick two dishes, dahl, salad and rice and it is all refillable (the plates are bottomless!!!).

This cute little restaurant on Main and 28th, had authentic seating and music the whole time we were there, and I couldn't get over how great the waitresses were about gluten free!!! I would highly recommend anyone to this restaurant, vegetarians, and people with dairy allergies will feel right at home with the multitude of choices on their menu. They also have a location on Broadway near MacDonald!!!

So as I sit here typing this information, I feel as though I should leave you all with a simple Indian recipe to try at home, but seeing how my skills at Indian food are not very great i will simply suggest a great tasting dahl that you can get a any grocery store ( for those of you in Fredericton, I know that Aura food carries this line of products. Its the Happy Planet soups, here is the link: http://www.happyplanet.com/


Have a great day! And keep your questions coming as I would love to create a sort of relationship where I can answer all your GF questions!!

Cheers,

Ally:)

No comments:

Post a Comment