Thursday, August 6, 2009

almost a week and still going strong

Hello!

So its almost been a full week and I am loving the raw food diet. Although I have not gone 100% raw yet, I am very close and have basically been vegan all week, with some minor slips. I also noticed that when I ate cooked food I felt really weird, either too full or just sick. I have attached a link for you, if you want to read more about the raw food diet. It can seem really complicated but a great way to transition is finding a great smoothie recipe to start and just eat lots of fruits and vegetables. I recommend more fruit because its higher calories and density, you will feel full and energized due to the natural sugars found in fruit!

link: http://www.living-foods.com/index.shtml

I am off to Salt Spring Island this weekend and apparently my friend found a GF bakery so I will report back on how amazing my weekend went! It is nice to see that there are many more options for people who want vegan, vegetarian, GF, lactose free, etc. options.

That being said, here are a few observations that I've made on my raw food adventure. Not only has travelling become a lot less stressful, I have also begun to really enjoy everything I eat, raw food tastes so much better and I really feel like I'm fueling my body instead of satisfying a craving to eat just about anything. I also don't crave things like chips and chocolate anymore, and when I do a smoothie with almond milk, cocoa and a banana do the trick!

Stay tuned for more recipes and more ranting about this really great diet. And in about 5 months, this blog is going to switch over into a "my adventures in Costa Rica blog". That's right everyone, I am taking this GF thing overseas... well not really over seas but cross borders!

Take care and enjoy being GF cause we are special! :)

food for thought: check out a book called Skinny Bitch. I'm not telling you all to get skinny and become vegan, but its worth a critical read just to see a different point of you!

Cheers,

Ally

No comments:

Post a Comment