Tuesday, July 28, 2009

My test at a Raw Food diet

Hello fellow Celiacs,

Well I hope you are still checking this from time to time and I do apologize for not being on here more often.... moving to a new city really does take an awful lot of time away from your daily tasks. SO far Vancouver has been amazing!!!! and I suggest you all come out to visit me someday.

That being said, I have been feeling a little ill lately and will be attempting a RAW food diet. I not only want to see if this diet will make me feel better, less stressed etc. but I also want to educate you all on my experience and what I think this RAW diet has to offer people who already have a very sensitive stomach. So hopefully you will all find this adventure exciting, stay tuned for RAW recipes, advices and my rants on how this diet makes me feel!!

I will leave you with a little energy bar that I tried last winter, it was great!

1. handful of dates mixed with water on a boiler... basically you want to "melt" them a little to make a paste (kind of like date squares)

2. add a cup of GF oats, some crushed nuts (almonds work very well), hemp seeds, coconut and flax seeds

3. I also like to add quinoa flakes, because it adds more fiber and protein.

4. Mix well and let cool a little.... then form into balls and refrigerate.

Because this was my own creation I tend to change it every time so feel free to mix and match what you like because cooking is all about fun in the end! Try adding cinnamon, or raisins... anything that strikes you as yummy and nutritious!!

Looking forward to hearing your comments. And I am going to try and figure out how to make this blog a news feed so any comments or help would be great!

Take care:)

Ally

No comments:

Post a Comment