Friday, July 31, 2009

Day 2 - crazy day of heat, driving and stress but good food!

Good morning!

I am sitting here at work drinking my coffee (first one in a week and a half) due to waking up at 5am for the last two days. My friend had foot surgery and I am the caretaker for the moment.

Any who, on to exciting pressing matters, my day 2 on a raw-ish diet. I am finding the transition to be fairly easy at the moment, but plan for a few bumps in the road as time goes on. Yesterday my diet consisted of:

breakfast: 1/4 banana and cup of blueberries and some chai tea (so yummy)
snack: 1 apple and 1 plum
lunch: pumpkin seeds, small piece of salmon and 1/4 cup of rice ( they were bbqing at work and I though protein would be a good add-in considering my day)
snack: 1/4 cantaloupe and a mix of fresh raspberries, blueberries and blackberries with 1/4 banana
dinner: mixed greens, 1 tomato and 1/2 avocado
snack: 1 potato with Dijon mustard (this was because I started feeling a little hungry at night and figured I needed a bit more starchy food before bed


Any who, I have been eating fairly well and do plan to cut out for starches after a while, but going cold turkey would be too much of a shock to my system.

I am feeling very good and have surprisingly been full of energy for the past 2 days, we will have to wait and see what the weekend brings. I do however enjoy the new found appreciation I have for food. I have always loved to eat, and eat very healthy but now I am really starting to enjoy eating less food but enjoying every little bit. I still haven't found a perfect balance yet, but this raw food thing seems to be a pretty nice fit with my life.

Wow I am ranting today, but I guess that's what waking up at 5am does to you. On that note, I will leave you all with this recipe that I have yet to try, but was given to me by a very special person. Enjoy!

Oh and stay tuned for my meal ideas and creations coming... some will include nori wraps, and lettuce wraps as well as mango and avocado guacamole. Raw food is sooooo good! Try it:)


Chocolate Mousse:

Ingredients:

2 Avocados
Maple Syrup
Cocoa Powder, you could also use carob or some other chocolate alternative


For each avocado add 1/3 cup of maple syrup and 1/3 cup of cocoa powder…mash up the avocado and mix it all together - refrigerate and you have a delicious mousse!!!


Give me your feedback, I'm always listening and would love to start a discussion regarding Celiac disease of raw food!

Until next time, keep enjoying all the wonderful seasonal fruits and vegetables that Canada has to offer.

Food for thought: try and eat all local produce this week and see how it makes you feel. If you want to take it one step further, also eat local grains if possible and local meat from a butcher. It seems hard at first but keeping things within your local area helps the economy and you.... who really wants to eat meat shipped in a plan from a different country, or part of the country....

Cheers,

Allyson :)

No comments:

Post a Comment