Thursday, July 30, 2009

Day 1 - amazingly full but a little headache

Good morning Celiacs!

Well yesterday was my first day on a semi Raw food diet. I am trying to transition and therefore still ate potatoes and whole grain pasta. Here is what my diet consisted of:

Breakfast: 1 banana with spoonful peanut butter
snack: 1 plum, handful of cherries
lunch: potato salad with peppers and Dijon mustard
snack: apple and raw vegan cookie
dinner: lentil soup and pasta salad
snack: raw smoothie and blueberries

All in all I was amazed at how full I felt all day. Not only did the banana in the morning fill me, but I also felt "skinny" all day. When I say skinny, what I mean is the normal feeling of being bloated or just eating too much wasn't there. I also enjoyed not drinking coffee and just having some chai roobois tea!

I'm not sure if it was the diet or my fan, but last night was also the first night I had a good sleep all week (it has been quite hot here in Vancouver!)

All that being said, I did feel a headache coming on later in the afternoon, but when I got home had some water and a raw smoothie and was good to go!

All in all this is looking to be a good diet.

Today I started my day with a half of banana and lots of blueberries. Keep checking in to see how this diet goes for day 2!

Have a good one!

Ally :)

No comments:

Post a Comment