Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Gluten Free Food in Saint John, NB

Hi there!

Thanks to a wonderful post from a follower named Sara I am passing along this extensive list of restaurants in the SJ area in New Brunswick!

I know I have been away for a while, what with the holidays and everything, but stay tuned for more frequent updates with recipes! I am also going to try and do a Q&A format for some of you with recurring questions about a GF diet.

Here is the list:

Locally owned restaurants in SJ with GF menus:

Opera Bistro is FANTASTIC for allergies; run by a professional chef and his wife who is a nutritionist. They even have GF desserts.

Relish Gourmet Burgers carries GF hamburger buns.

The Urban Deli has GF bread for their sandwiches, and they even have GF pastas and soups, and a few desserts.

Thandi's, the Thai Hut, Suwanna's and Lemongrass have GF Thai options.

Chains:

Boston Pizza has an allergy menu and even has GF pizza crust (I cried the day I found that out!).

Montana's is another spot with an allergy menu: lists what products and sauces you can have.

The Wok Box has a few GF items on their menu as well.

There are definitely more restaurants in SJ but the ones above are the best for accommodating food allergies.



Take care,

Your celiac friend xo

4 comments:

  1. Thanks so much! heading there with my wife on saturday, and very excited by the variety of friendly foods!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you know of anyone or anywhere in Saint John that sells gluten free baking, such as cakes, muffins, cookies and such?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just moved to SJ. Brought a pile of GF foods to help me get settled. Great to know of these options! I think I might like it here :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Swiss Chalet in Moncton has a GF menu. not sure about Swiss Chalet in Saint John.

    ReplyDelete