Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Post dedicated to Victoria Gluten Free Pizza - The Joint

Hello east coasters!!

Well, I am fairly settled out here in Vancouver, and have had no problem finding my fair share of great GF food!! I could go on forever about Panne Rizo, but I want to tell you about this great place in Victoria. 

I was visiting a friend for Easter in Victoria. While I was shopping one day I stumbled upon this pizza shop called: The Joint. It is located downtown close to the touristy area/good shopping on Johnson street. Here is a link to their site: http://www.eatatthejoint.com/html/. I was not only able to call and order this pizza for delivery. I was also able to add vegan cheese and fake veggie meat to my pizza!!! Talk about choices:)

I also should mention that the Noodle Box has become one of my favourite take out places as well. It is all freshly maid Asian cuisine.... best part is that it comes in the little box like the movies (you know, the little white box!). Here is their site:http://www.thenoodlebox.net/. Just make sure to ask your server about their GF options!

Now I know this is a short post, and I have to admit I have been neglecting to update the site, but that is also because I am apartment hunting, furniture shopping, work finding and all together a bit busy. But I promise to be back soon with some great recipes and new advices/news from the GF world. To make up for not being around recently, here is a great recipe for a quick and easy crock pot dish:

1 can black beans
1 can chickpeas
1 can crushed tomatoes
bunch of carrots, diced
5 potatoes, diced
1 onion, chopped
** add any other root vegetables depending on your tastes**
1 box of vegetable soup broth, GF (this can be found at the Superstore, simply check the ingredients)

simply add all ingredients and let it cook up all day. I hear its still a little chilly out east and therefore this dish will be perfect to warm you from the inside out. I usually add a little pepper flakes and salt+pepper, to taste.

I also wanted to add a link to Amy's Organic food, because she makes some quick-cook soups that are certified GF:http://www.amys.com/products/category_view.php?prod_category=14

Looking forward to posting a new blog soon... most likely from one of the many Internet cafes here in Vancouver.


Have a fabulous Gluten Free Day!

Cheers,

Ally

1 comment:

  1. Funny you should use the term "A Guide to Gluten Free." That happens to be very similar to the name of my new website The Celiac Scene™ Guides for the Gluten Free™, providing information from celiacs to celiacs.

    Check out the offerings at www.theceliacscene.com and spread the news about "Dine Around Gluten Free Victoria" that will appear when we launch in two weeks.

    It is a good time to be celiac in Victoria!

    Ellen

    ReplyDelete